So, today Katie and I biked. We went to Alexander Park off of Sugarloaf parkway (you know) and decided to give the paved trails a try, thinking the scenery would be nice. We eagerly started riding only to realize that we had already reached the end of the trail, and had actually done two laps around without knowing. But in all seriousness, unless we took the wrong way, those paths were really short, maybe not the best for biking.
We then went back on the Suwannee greenway trail so that we could go to Suwannee elementary's playground (which disturbingly enough lies at the end of the Suwannee Park Greenway, open to anyone who gets on the trail). Of course, ignoring the potential creeper problem that Suwannee elementary faces, we rode to the playground. Our goal was to get to a large, colorful map of the United States painted in the ground in the playground. Katie and I rigged a really tall tripod, which consisted of a picnic table with a bike placed on top, to take photos of us standing on various places in the United States which we wanted to give a shout out to. The photos will be included for your edification.
So, this is Katie now. I will begin with some of our map pictures
This is our dream vacation to Colorado. You know, biking around, hiking and all. Enjoying beautiful Boulder, Denver, and all the mountains.
This is our "Angry at the oil spill" picture. If you didn't already know, we are very upset and hope to go help with the Gulf sometime in the near future.
Chicago. We are going to live here one day. I am in love with the place (I haven't really yet discovered if it's just in my mind, but I have suspicions that it isn't). There just aren't words to express my excitement about this place.
There are several more pictures that I didn't post, one dedicated to our wonderful friend who is in school up in DC, one with 'Georgia on our mind', but alas, this blog cannot hold all of our randomness.
And other exciting news, I have a new love. It is a wonderful old AMF road bike. It's a wonderful blue, and although not too fancy, I love it. It rides really wonderfully, and shifts like a charm. The only thing right now is the breaks squeal like no other, but that's easily fixable. Adam and I had a nice time shining him up today, and he looks so good. I will have to post a picture later.
Anyways, the World Cup starts tomorrow (well, today technically), and we are super excited. We're getting up semi-early to catch the first game with some good friends. Hope you all enjoyed.
-Katie and Adam
No comments:
Post a Comment